Marathon Charity

Marathon Charity

My Marathon Charity Donation

My name is Nitesh Pant, and my birthplace is in remote village called Hungi, Palpa district in Nepal. I have been running since my elementary school days and have been participating in lots of races. I still hold record, set back in 2003, in Kathmandu University for cross country race over there. 

After moving to US in 2007, I did stopped running for about a decade or so. Now I have started running again, doing multiple 5k to 10k or even half marathon in a year. This year, in 2024, I am planning to do Chicago Marathon, which is on Oct 13th, 2024. This will be my first full marathon and I want it to make memorable. 

I am trying to raise fund for the community kids where I grew up. I want to provide a set of running gears to atleast 100 students who are in High School around Hungi Palpa region. The list of high schools (and can grow as the fund grows) are

1. Shree Jana Kalyan Madhyamik Vidhalaya, Hungi Palpa 

2. Mahendra Darsan Madhyamik Vidhyalaya

Each gear will consists of a track suit and a running shoes. This will cost around nepali Rs 4000.00 (equivalent to $31 per set). I have already talked with principals of both of those schools and they are happy that I can be of some help for the kids. My goal is to raise fund of atleast $5000.00 so that I can support these kids as well as some more for this year. 

I will publish each and every students name who received the gear, as well as all the balance sheet required to purchase the material on this blog as I go along. There will be full transparency for the fund as well as the donation will go to students who are in need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment